Wednesday, December 3, 2008

SEE MORE THAN STARS WHEN YOU LOOK UP

Bible Verses For Wednesday December 3, 2008
Courage & Confidence
Meditation 11/30-12/6: Our Redeemer - Ex. 6:6-8 ESV

Click on: The interview

Courage & Confidence

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24 KJV

He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31 NKJV

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalm 27:13,14

Return to your rest, O my soul, For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. For You have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling. I shall walk before the LORD In the land of the living. Psalm 116:7-9 NASB

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him.

This Day in History, December 3
On December 3rd, 1904, the Jovian moon Himalia was discovered.
TODAY IS A DAY OF REFLECTION FOR ME...I USUALLY TAKE STOCK OF WHERE MY WEEK IS LEADING ME ON WEDNESDAY...FROM FRIDAY THROUGH TUESDAY IS FIVE DAYS AFTER ALL...AFTER MEDITATING FOR AWHILE I REALIZED I AM AT PEACE TODAY AND ALL IS WELL ...I RECEIVED SOME INSPIRITIONAL E-MAILS,WHICH ALWAYS LIFTS MY SPIRIT...MY HOPE IS EVERYONE IS LOOKING TO THE LORD FOR ANY ANSWERS THEY MAY NEED TO RESOLVE THEIR QUESTIONS...JESUS IS ALWAYS THERE WITH AN UNDERSTANDING SMILE AND READY TO LEAD US THROUGH OUR DAY...GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I...DAVE...
Other Notable Events, December 3
In 1833, Oberlin College in Ohio opened with an enrollment of 29 men and 15 women, the nation's first truly co-educational college.
SAME EDUCATION, STILL NOT EQUAL PAY...HMMMM...

In 1929, the Ford Motor Co. raised the pay of its employees from $5 to $7 a day despite the collapse of the U.S. stock market. I DO NOT THINK THAT WILL HELP MUCH TODAY...PERHAPS DOWNSIZING SALARIES UP TOP WILL SAVE SOME JOBS LOWER DOWN WHERE MUCH OF THE SWEATING IS DONE...

Classic Quotes by Joseph Conrad (1857-1924) English novelist
"A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth."

"A man's most open actions have a secret side to them."

"Action is consolatory. It is the enemy of thought and the friend of flattering illusions."

"All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind."

"An artist is a man of action, whether he creates a personality, invents an expedient, or finds the issue of a complicated situation."

"Any work that aspires, however humbly, to the condition of art should carry its justification in every line."

"As in political so in literary action a man wins friends for himself mostly by the passion of his prejudices and the consistent narrowness of his outlook."

"As to honor - you know - it's a very fine mediaeval inheritance which women never got hold of. It wasn't theirs."

"Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men."

"Don't talk to me of your Archimedes' lever. He was an absentminded person with a mathematical imagination. Mathematics commands all my respect, but I have no use for engines. Give me the right word and the right accent and I will move the world."



No comments: